Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Changing my point of view




As iv mentioned before, when in first arrive, i felt out of place and some what alienated amongst the other students in which i now live with. I was completely different from all of them and i couldn't find anyone with any common characteristics as me or my way of life.
At first, i thought there was no way i was going to get along with alot of these culturally different people. It seemed as if they didn't seem too friendly towards me, but it turns out they were probably feeling the same culture shock i was. Although i have made friends with people of all types, i'm not going to lie that where i came from, we made fun of those rich, pretty boy, private school kids, and never gave them a chance to let us get to know them. And when someone of different culture or nationality, we never really gave them a chance either. But now that i'm in there shoes, i decided that the only way i was going to enjoy my time here for the next four years was to make peace with everyone. And now im happy i did. I have great friends from all over and of different lifestyles and elasticities and am happy to be able to experience a little bit of it all through them.

No comments:

Post a Comment